Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Book Thief

Recently I’ve tried to broaden my reading genre. Usually I’m a fantasy girl, however, while in the bookstore about to buy ‘The Secret Life of Bee’s’ I saw this book.


In Nazi Germany there is a little girl of 9 who sees her brother die before being given up to a foster family by a mother she will never see again. And that’s just in the first chapter.
This book is so different to what I’m used to. I find myself getting so enraged about the treatment of the Jewish people in Germany at that time, so caught up in this little girls struggles and joys.
Though I find it difficult to keep going I HAVE to find out what happens in the end.
Does Leisel find happiness? Does Rudy get his kiss? Will the war ever end?
I’ll let you know.
What are you getting into right now?

Oh and why you are here don't forget to Pay it Forward

*hugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...I dare you ;)