Monday, May 16, 2011

Bad Feelings and Apologies

I have never been on to set limitations on people I swap with because I dislike limitations to being set on me.

However a recent swap I hosted has cause me to feel judge mental, frustrated and down right angry.

Let's clear it up now I dislike ALL those feelings.

The Mug Rug Maddness Swap was my first time hosting and let me tell you it's not for the faint hearted. A Swap Mumma can only do so much so if you are participating in a swap please help her out!

There have been some issues with my swap and I am not in for about 6 mug rugs and that adds up to a lot of time. That doesn't bother me so much...what does bother me is how hurt some of the people are that participate and that my friends isn't so easily forgiven.

All it takes is a little communication and a little understanding on both sides.

*sigh*

I think we should thank about taking the Swapping Integrity Pledge. I did.

http://www.lcmquilt.com/2011/03/swapping-integrity-pledge.html

More then anything we need to remember this:

"If we believe that the earth is ours, and that the sun and moon hang in the sky for our delight, there will be joy upon the hills and gladness in the fields because the Artist in our souls glorifies creation."

Helen Keller
Sent via BlackBerry® from Vodafone

5 comments:

  1. Oh honey I'm sorry your swap is a bit stressful for you! I've received my mug rug and though the style and colours used are not something I'd choose usually, the construction is great and its lovely! I've sent my mug rug last week too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that the swap has left you feeling this way. I thought you did a great job. I still have not received my rug, but that's got nothing to do with you! I'd never try to lay that responsibility on a host. I just chalk it up to bad timing and move on. No hard feelings, no stepping on toes. Maybe I'll get one, maybe I won't. I'm not worried about it either way...it's all for fun. I hate that it was such trouble for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear that you are feeling this way. I was in the swap- and I sent mine but did not receive one-but that has nothing to do with you. I am sorry that this is stressing you out. I had great fun making mine and sending it along- so I thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can only agree with the others. You did a great work hosting this swap. I can be a mug rug angel if you want, mail if so.
    Thank you for hosting! :)
    Hugs from Karin, Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww sweetie, *hugs* I hope you know my feelings aren't hurt by it (don't think I gave you that impression, but if I did sorry). I can be an angel for you too. Just let me know. I agree, you did a great job. You can not help what others do and please don't beat yourself up over something you can't control! Us musketeers and misfits will stick together!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment...I dare you ;)