Thursday, February 10, 2011

Friends and Finishes

So my MBQ is finally finished! With some help from a bestie Kelli I was able to get it all done this week.

Wanna see???

Sorry about the pictures I'm not that great at photography. I'd welcome any tips anyone has on how to take good photos of finished fabric projects.

Anyway I am so excited to have finished my first quilt!! This quilt has taught me a lot of things...

1. DON'T sew your fingers it's kind of inconvenient.
2. You don't always have to have a plan with you are FMQ but be confident.
3. Make binding an 1" wider then you think you need.

WELL now I've learnt a few things I'm moving on the the next project. BUT not before I introduce you to my new bestie.

This is Kelli Karren for Eugene Oregon.
This lovely young lady finished my binding on my quilt, was willing to listen to my whining and is just about to finish her 2 year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

YAY Kelli!

OK...so I'm really moving on now. These are the only Batiks I have. Until recently I didn't even know what Batik was but now my eyes have been opened. SO back on track I am making a Log Cabin block for my Quilt Block Swap, and my partner like Batiks. My only problem is I need one more colour...AHHH.
I am making a 12.5 x 12.5 finished square and I only have 11 colours. Oh if only I knew how to dye my own fabrics.

  
That aside I have chosen 4 of these and will put them together is a non-traditional Log Cabin formation.

Stay tuned for updates.




1 comment:

  1. Oh... I love the colors in your quilt! Congratulations on finishing it!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment...I dare you ;)